Monday, March 15, 2010

Contacts and Group Presentation

The quarter has come to an end. We had a group project in my Small Group Communications class. We decided to volunteer our time to senior citizens at an assisted living place. It was great, except for the dead weight girl in our group. We had to pull it together without any effort from her. Her excuse was pretty much a custody battle her nephew was going through and how she got stuck in the middle of it all. It's not like all of us have our own stuff to deal with as well. We all have lives outside church, work and school. She should have just dropped the class. If it wasn't for our Power Point presentation, and how she pulled it off... Anyway, groups in classes suck. Next time, if there is a next time, I won't hesitate to have them kicked out of the group. The Quarry was the place, and if I had the money, I wouldn't mind living there. The amenities they had to offer were phenomenal. I was very impressed when we had the tour.

ASL was a little quirky this quarter. We had issues with the class. First of the quarter, we had the professor telling us that we need to return the books and purchase different ones. So I did, and before the book arrived, the head of the dept had to split the class up, because the level we were in were for the former high school students. So, she split us up and she ended up teaching the class. She then told us that we need the books that we formally had to begin with and repurchase them. I was furious, because I already spent money on eBay for the other book, right before returning the books at the bookstore and that I couldn't purchase the books for another couple of weeks. I bought the books back and that was that. The quarter was interesting, because we were over three weeks in already that she didn't have a lot to go on with, so we just went through the book and learned certain things from work, school, home, etc. This quarter was supposed to cover finger spelling, but we didn't cover much of it, in fact, there wasn't a whole lot that we covered. Instead of learning out of the book, I want more of a conversational atmosphere. It seemed to me that if we were to just talk and converse with one another, I believe that we would learn more than just trying to learn just the theory behind it. I can see that it's a fairly new program at Clark College. Maybe I should suggest it to the professor. Have a class that is called conversational ASL. This class, you just talk about what is on your mind and anything that is going on around us. Plus, it doesn't help that I don't know anyone that is deaf around here.

My other class that I'm taking is online. Talk about interesting. Nice instructor and all, but the class is a bit much...

Now that I'm practically on Spring Break, I purchased for the year, contacts. Costco's insurance covers a year supply, so I got them. I never had them before, so I had my "First time" appointment for contacts. I tried to get them in for almost a half an hour, but my eyes were so irritated that I couldn't get them in. Plus, I had to get the girls from Trina because she had them while they were doing a Non-stress Test at the hospital. Legacy Salmon Creek is awesome. That is where we are having 'Turd #3' at.

I went over to Optical right after I got off of work to try and put the contacts in again. I struggled. When I realized how to do it, It only took like ten seconds to get them in. When I'm done with school and all, I'm getting Lasik done. I hate wearing glasses, let alone contacts. At least the contacts weren't that bad putting them on today. I hate wearing glasses.

No comments: